Create a C/C++ or VB program that allows people to block all ads (kazaa, internet explorer, AIM, MSN, etc.)
Must block these features:
1) Entrance pop-ups
2) Leaving pop-ups
3) Any instant messaging software pop-ups
4) Ability to clear cache/cookies
5) Ability to block images that gather personal information
6) Ability to block rogue cookies that request personal info
7) Stop websties from changing homepage (kills that autoload dialog)
8) Stop websites from fullscreening
10) Possibly more features that I come up with at later time (Won't be too extensive)
Will have a whitelist to allow pop-ups from that domain. Will have a log of domains displayed in the control panel of the script where a user can add the site to the whitelist by double clicking on it.
Must have a trial version of 15-30 days (I'm still deciding). Must be able to enter a registration key (some type of secure algorithm or method should be developed/implemented). After that date it will stop functioning and should have an installer for each separate version of windows. Such as a 2000/XP download and a 95/98 download if they are the same. This will reduce download size and time. Must have uninstaller.
Keep a tally of total number of ads blocked. Option to play a sound when ad is blocked.
Should be able to update the software in case new methods of pop-up come up.
Should run in task scheduler with an icon and be able to install in start menu and desktop. Will discuss logo after bid is accepted.
Other features might be necessary.
Serious/experienced coders only please.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
All Windows 95 up, concentraing on 2000/ME/XP