I want to be able to position textboxes, etc. absolutely within a window. Also, I want to be able to just drag and drop GUI elements (textboxes, listboxes, etc.) from a toolbar onto a window.
I like using JCreator as my programming environment. What I want is a program that will let me graphically create a GUI interface element (e.g., a window with all its components, etc.), and generate source code that I can drop into a project I create in JCreator.
I need the source code, finished or not, by/on Decemer 10, 2003. **I do NOT care if the program is finished or even fully functional by the due date** (but would like for it to be if possible).
1. must provide a graphical environment that lets me drag and drop components onto a window
2. must not use a Java LayoutManager to position components; I want to be able to position components absolutely within a window
3. must generate source code that will work in a project I create with JCreator
4. should not be as cumbersome as Forte
5. must not use any proprietary source code (I want to be able to modify it myself to add future enhancements)
6. must support at least some of the following Swing components (I don't care about AWT components)
7. if possible, it would be nice to have support for JMenu and JCheckboxMenuItem components
8. I don't care which programming language you use
Windows XP, Pentium III, 867 MHz processor, 256 Mb RAM, or Redhat Linux 9, Pentium III, 500 MHz processor, 128 Mb RAM