We produce the undelete software at [url removed, login to view], in Visual C++.
It basically scans the hard disk for files it can "recover", and reconstructs them in a particular directory. We require the following changes:
* Right now, it just performs quick scans. We want it to perform bit-by-bit scanning
* Software does't always support all file systems. Need full support for all file systems, including compressed/encrypted files under NTFS
* Display the originating undelete folder, and all user to restore direct to that folder
* Optionally, group all the undelete files via a more intuitive Explorer-style interface
* Fix misc. errors (ie, [url removed, login to view] not found, error reading disk, etc) as well as make suggestions (ie, on error reading disk, prompt the user to run ScanDisk with fix option, etc)
You need to be an *expert* to attempt this project, and need the dedication to research the areas you aren't yet aware of.
In your bid, PLEASE state your experience -- along with other features you may consider adding. Please place a fair bid - not $4, and not too high. We have a limited budget and don't sell too many products, but we want to improve!
We have a flexible deadline, but we need a quality result. Again, ONLY bid if you are capable.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).