This project consists of six small linux programming assignments using the Vanilla linux 2.6 kernel(Gentoo) which are written in C language. These six assignments are taken from the book Kernel Projects for Linux by Garry Nutt. Each of the assignment would consist of four files:
1. The C source code
2. Make file
3. Script file
4. A small documentation, describing how to test the solution
The six assignements would be based on the following topics, but would be very basic school level assignments:
1. System calls
2. Shared Memory
3. Virtual Memory
4. Synchronization Mechanisms
5. The Scheduler
6. Device Drivers
Small details of the first lab(System calls) are attached in the word file. I can also scan the required pages of the book that describes a little more in detail what and how to implement it.
Check the first lab and let me know if this is something that you would be able to do. I will also provide the details of the next five labs in a similar word file or a scanned copy of the book pages.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Operating System: Vanilla LINUX 2.6 kernel(GENTOO)