I am looking for a Microsoft Outlook plugin, which can call an external COM component on
specific events and actions.
As a starting point for the deliveries, I would need a description of the solution including
the technologies used. This description is part of the deliveries and is an acceptance
The plugin needs to do:
0. have a settings part where all the needed settings are definable.
1. be able to move an new incoming email to a specified folder based on the content of the
2. display two buttons in the toolbar of Microsoft Outlook and perform an action on click of
the button. The action is calling a method on an COM component and pass the current message
as a MIME encoded email to the component. If multiple emails are selected in Outlook the
method-call should happen for each email.
when a new email arises, the plugin must detect this and pass the mime-encoded new email to
a method-call in an external COM component. The method will return an information with status for the mail, which defines an action on the email (move to one of up to three folders)
The interfaces for the external COM components will be defined together with the developer. Please included eventual requirements to the interfaces in the solution description.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased. 3) Testcases and description of tests performed, including tests on multiple operating systems and various email messages. 4) Brief description of code and well-commented source code.
1) Basic OS requirement is Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP - bids containing fewer than these are accepted. Please stateOS's.
2) Microsoft Outloook 2000/XP is needed to be supported.