I've created an existing C++ application with Visual Studio 2003 that runs as a plug-in for Windows Media Player 9. I ran into a road block when I started wanting to access properties of the media player. My main need is for someone to review my application and show me a few examples of how to take a COM pointer and use queryinterface to actually get at some data. Another requirement would involve how to pass the current instance of the media player to a COM automation client.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) At least two examples of how to access properties of the media player given a pointer. I'll provide the source code and locations where I’d like to see this done
3) Show an example of passing the current instance of media player to a COM automation environment, msoffice, vb6 or any dotnet language.