I need a well-tested self contained server and client for a TCP/IP/UDP network, written in .NET. This will more than likely need a programmer well versed in networking in .NET.
It should be simple to use via a .NET language (C#). The server should be multithreaded and support unlimited amounts of clients (well, a large number of them anyway) .
The server component must have the following features/properties:
* Customizable server port
* Property to set the maximum amount of clients allowed to connect
* Self contained client management
* A function to send a string message to a specified client
* A function to send a large byte array (around 2-10MBs) to a specified client
* Events to be thrown when a client sends a string / file, using the string/file as part of the event parameters (as well as which client sent the data).
* Events for when a client connects/disconnects/connection is lost
* Handshakes w/ client (can use TCP/IP where needed).
* A property that says how many clients are currently connected.
The client component must have the following features/properties:
* Customizable target server IP address
* Customizable target server port
* A function to send a string message to the server
* A function to send a large byte array (around 2-10MBs) to the server
* Events to be thrown when the server sends a string / file, using the string/file as part of the event parameters.
* Events for when the server connects/disconnects/connection is lost
* Handshakes w/ server (can use TCP/IP where needed).
All functions/relevant portions of code should be at least briefly commented (no need to comment everything, use your best judgment).
The client and especially the server should be well optimized. (Multithreading is probably needed for the server).
The entire idea of this project is to provide me with a .NET component that requires very little knowledge in TCP/IP/UDP to utilize.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
.NET Framework 1.0/1.1