On a PC with two network interfaces I want to be able to route all traffic from one interface to the next but to add a time delay and for the same to happen in the opposite direction. It is simply like making the PC an open firewall that delays traffic.
The tools will be controlled from a GUI that allows the users to select the two network interfaces (A & B) and the delay in milliseconds. The delay can be set in 5 millisecond increments. The tool will display the number of packet and size (bytes) sent from A to B and from B to A. There must be a button to allow these statistics to be reset to zero.
The user must be allowed to set either all traffic for delay or only certain IP address for delay. If the IP is marked for delay that includes source and destination addresses with that IP.
The users should be able to save the configuration to a file, there will be a simple help page that I will right and the about box should include my company logo (to be supplied) and details.
* All packets should be sent in the order they are received.
* The software must be able to route 50Mbit/s of traffic.
* The GUI should look professional
* The tool should be easy to install.
This small project could lead to more work to extend this tool.
I enclose a sketch of the GUI layout.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).