I'd like to have an application that does this:
- Step 1: Creates a virtual desktop with changeable dimensions 6,400 by 1,800.
- Step 2: Monitors a COM port for data
- Step 3: Does some simple math (adding, subtracting) and moves the screen around the virtual desktop pixel space from the data detected in the COM port.
Create a virtual desktop (must see the Sample Program link at the bottom of this description) with changeable dimensions: 6,400 wide by 1,800 high.
(This virtual desktop can be application space only so the taskbar stays the same 800 pixels wide and the desktop icons still take up only the 800 by 600 desktop space, although open browsers and applications can be moved around in a virtual 6,400 by 1,800 pixel virtual "monitor"-- for example, see the Sample Software listed at the bottom of this page).
50% Project Price bonus if this application can switch between a "virtual 6,400 by 1,800 desktop" and a "true entire windows interface" -- for example a 6,400 by 1,800 "monitor" with 6,400 pixel wide taskbar and backgrounds up to 6,400 by 1,800 pixels wide. The taskbar must stretch the full 6,400 length along with a 6,400 by 1,800 desktop space for icons to be moved all around in.
Sample Program important for understanding what I'm looking for: The program < [Sdesk] > is close, but not exactly what I would like. It has too many extra features I don't need and can't listen to a COM port. Sdesk will give you a working example of the virtual desktop that I would like though. But it only scrolls with the mouse or hotkeys, I don't want these features, instead the moving of the desktop should be from number inputs and should be done instantly.
- I'm interested in any C,C++, or Visual Basic code language although I would be open for other languages if you know you could do this all easily in the language of your choice.
1) Programmer needs to submit short weekly notes of status on progress. E-mail communication with questions or status updates is also appreciated. I would like to have a round or two of feedback after demoing the application to make sure everything is right.
2) The application source code must be delivered after the application along with any required include files or libraries not normally included in the default configuration of the compiler program used. I would like to compile the application on my machine here and need everything to make it happen.
3) The application must be able to run on any computer that has Windows XP/Vista. Windows ME/98/95 are optional.
4) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
5) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The application must be able to run on any computer that has Windows XP/Vista. Windows ME/98/95 are optional but preferred.