I would like to have a program that acts like an email router/proxy. It must be able to handle serveral users at a time. The idea is that it acts like an email server from the view of the client and to the outside it acts like an email client to get the emails from one or more servers. This is the basic description. Now, for every new email arriving special ActiveX-DLLs must be called, which decide if the email is to mark with a special flag. These DLLs are in a defined directory like plugins. If no ActiveX-DLL is present, no call will be done and the emails will only be collected. If a user places an ActiveX-DLL in the directory, this DLL will be registered (COM) an after that will be used processing the emails. These DLLs will be developed by me, they are COM compliant, their class library name matches their filename and they have one class called "Engine" whit a method "Check". I will give a sample template DLL to the developer.
If a client wants to use the application he must reconfigure his email account settings:
Before: hostname="[url removed, login to view]" username="username" password="password"
After: hostname="localhost" (if application runs on the client)username="username:password#[url removed, login to view]" password="localpassword"
Now some key features listed:
- POP3, SMTP - routing/proxy
- multiple clients, multiple servers, multi threaded
- settings for the application are read from INI file
- simple UI: "start, stop engine", "update plugins", simple action log
- ATL 3.0 compliant, no MFC
- Ability to call special registered ActiveX-DLLs
The development plattform should be MS Visual C++ 6.0. If special project settings are needed, the must be documented (because I am not used to MSVC).
It would be nice if the program is just a single exe which can run without installation on the specified plattforms.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Target plattforms are Windows 98/2000/XP.
Must be independend from mail client.