I have done this project already in Visual Basic 6.0 but now I need it in c++ as well for a unix station.
I need a class and it's driver for processing student records. Each record consists of studentID, StudentName and GPA. Valid range of StudentID (111-999), StudentName (A-Z, a-z, " ", and a fixed field with 20 char), and GPA (0.0-4.0). Format of each record is StudentID(space)StudentName(20 char)(space)GPA.
I want the program to produce the following unsorted output files for valid data.
1. StudentID and GPA for students with GPA [url removed, login to view] and over.
2. StudentID and GPA for students with GPA [url removed, login to view] to [url removed, login to view]
3. StudentID and GPA for students with GPA [url removed, login to view] to [url removed, login to view]
4. StudentID and GPA for students with below [url removed, login to view]
All invalid records have a number that indicates record position in the input file and a message should be redirected to the fifth file. These are the sample error messages
- Invalid ID
- Invalid Name
- Invalid GPA
- Invalid ID & Name
- Invalid ID & GPA
- Invalid Name & GPA
- Invalid ID, Name & GPA
For all input and output files opening and closing I need a failure message to be displayed and don't want to store student records in an array or a linked list. At the end of the operation I want the input file and all the output files combined into one file with a summary at the end.
List of invalid data
4) 100 Allen Light 3.0 Invalid Id
5) 873 Jeff Dark 4.5 Invalid GPA
> 2 student(s)
Summa Cum Laude Student(s): 1
Magna Cum Laude Student(s): 1
Cum Laude Student(s): None
Graduating Student(s): None
Invalid Data: 2
Valid Record(s): 2
Invalid Record(s): 2
Total Record(s): 4
<~End of Report~>
I have also attached some sample files that I was this project to look similar to. (Format)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.