I have done this project already in Visual Basic 6.0 but now I need it in c++ as well for a unix station.
I need a class and it's driver for processing student records. Each record consists of studentID, StudentName and GPA. Valid range of StudentID (111-999), StudentName (A-Z, a-z, " ", and a fixed field with 20 char), and GPA (0.0-4.0). Format of each record is StudentID(space)StudentName(20 char)(space)GPA.
I want the program to produce the following unsorted output files for valid data.
1. StudentID and GPA for students with GPA 3.80 and over.
2. StudentID and GPA for students with GPA 3.60 to 3.79
3. StudentID and GPA for students with GPA 3.40 to 3.59
4. StudentID and GPA for students with below 3.40
All invalid records have a number that indicates record position in the input file and a message should be redirected to the fifth file. These are the sample error messages
- Invalid ID
- Invalid Name
- Invalid GPA
- Invalid ID & Name
- Invalid ID & GPA
- Invalid Name & GPA
- Invalid ID, Name & GPA
For all input and output files opening and closing I need a failure message to be displayed and don't want to store student records in an array or a linked list. At the end of the operation I want the input file and all the output files combined into one file with a summary at the end.
List of invalid data
4) 100 Allen Light 3.0 Invalid Id
5) 873 Jeff Dark 4.5 Invalid GPA
> 2 student(s)
Summa Cum Laude Student(s): 1
Magna Cum Laude Student(s): 1
Cum Laude Student(s): None
Graduating Student(s): None
Invalid Data: 2
Valid Record(s): 2
Invalid Record(s): 2
Total Record(s): 4
<~End of Report~>
I have also attached some sample files that I was this project to look similar to. (Format)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.