I need a RealMedia player written in VC6.
This is the tricky part - you must decode the video to memory in RGB(or YUV) and display the image using Windows GDI, and you must decode the audio to PCM and send the audio out to the speakers using waveOutWrite.
The decoder portion of the code should be C++ (and it should not rely on MFC). You should have a CRealMediaDecoder class, which has a SetFilePath() method to accept the file path. Then you should have a Open() method, which check the file, and create a CRealMediaVideoDecoder object for each video stream, and create a CRealMediaAudioDecoder object for each audio stream. The CRealMediaVideoDecoder and CRealMediaAudioDecoder are responsible for the actually decoding - it is up to you how to implement that.
CRealMediaVideoDecoder should decode to raw video image (either RGB or YUV) in memory, and then use Windows GDI functions to display to a window. Do not use DirectShow for the display.
CRealMediaAudioDecoder should decoder to uncompressed PCM audio, and then use waveOutWrite to send to speakers.
Must handle files with only video or only audio.
Target audience would have the RealPlayer installed. However, the program should give an error message gracefully if RealPlayer is absent.
Developers with RealMedia experience only, please.
You will deliver executable first. I will accept source code only when I tested the executable and consider it acceptable.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Detailed Instructions on how to install related software (for example, RealMedia SDK).
5) Detailed instructions on how to change VC6 settings to build the project with RealMedia SDK.
6) The workspace/project should be ready to compile once step 4 and 5 are completed.
Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP.