Write a file processing program in two versions: 1) a batch-oriented version (call it [url removed, login to view]), and, 2) an interactive, menu-driven version (call it [url removed, login to view]). The batch version will read the transactions from a transaction file (will provide), while the interactive version will read from the keyboard and will include a menu and all the necessary prompts to guide the user.
A. Program requirements
The program should do the following:
1. Read existing records from an old master file into main memory.
2. Perform file processing operations:
1. Insert a new record
2. Retrieve and display a single record
3. Update a record (updates are restricted to updating a single record field)
4. Delete a record
5. Show all records in key sequence order on the screen
3. Before exiting, write out the records to a new master file.
B. Restrictions / requirements
1. The records should contain the following items: 1) customer number, key, a 6-digit integer, 2) customer name, a 30-character string, 3) phone number, a 12-character string.
2. The permanent master files must be binary sequential files. (See relaxation 2)
3. The records in the master files and in the Record_set must be in account number order. (See relaxation 3)
4. All individual record retrieval, whether for display, update or delete is to be done by key.
5. The first time the program is run, there will be no old master file.
6. At the end of the program, the records will be written to a new master file. The new master file of the first run of the program becomes the old master file for the second run, etc. You can rename the new master file (to give it the name of the old master file, after the previous old master file has been deleted) outside of the program.
1. Define a Record class and a Record_set class. The data for a Record object are the data fields of the customer record. A Record_set object holds an array of Record objects and a counter for the number of active Record objects in the array.
2. Define member functions for the Record_set class:
SEE ATTACHED PROJECT REQUIREMENTS DOC
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows base enviroment (DOS)