I am in the process of extending my IT consulting firm by adding a marketing consulting component. As such I need to develop a search engine in any programming language, to be run on any platform (Microsoft / Linux). Although in a sense reinventing the wheel (given that their are excellent search engines such as GOOGLE), the idea is to formulate an algorithm that will target only specific websites (e.g. e-commerce enabled websites) and to build a search engine based on commodity/product rather than website. The results should be searchable by commodity per country, and even by state/province per country. The product will be implemented in South Africa. The entire web (restricted to country specific searches) must be searched frequently.
1. Web spider / robot to search the web for specific contents;
2. Database with index
3. User search interface
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Documentation on functionality and technical design in Word format.
Win / Linux ;
IE / Netscape