I guess I should have mentioned this earlier. Sorry for that. We already have the encryption-decryption logic coded. So you'll not need to worry about it. So basically it boils down to displaying a pdf file from stream data (may be bytearrayinputstream but not fileinputstream). Or may be your class will take a byte of the pdf file and display it in the window.
IMP: No 'Save As' should be allowed as it will defeat the whole purpose of doing it.
Our development environment is VC++ 6.0 so your code should be compatible with that.
Our Application requires to display some PDF reports. However, the main requirement is that the user should not be able to view these pdf files from any other viewer except our application. So this is what we are planning to do:
1. Store the pdf files in encrypted format on the user machine.
2. To display the file, the application will read the whole encrypted file and decrypt it (in memory). It will give this decrypted file to embeded Acrobat viewer, which will display it in an application window.
3. The user should not be able to do "save as" on the viewer.
The report files are in WordDoc, which will be converted to PDF, which will be bundled with the application. We need this ASAP. Any innovative idea on this will be highly appreciated.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows 98 onwards.