client and a server program/s.
must be coded in c++
Functions of the Programs
1. The client initiates a communication with the server (single stream), upon successful
Connection, the server confirms to the client that it has successfully connected.
2. The client is able to make a number of specific requests to the server and the server
a. File Request: the client is able to request a specific file, the server responds by
sending that file. The file must be compressed for the process of transmitting using
the 'Lempel-Ziv algorithm' and then subsequently decompressed at the client
end. The program should show the compression process at the server end and
then the decompression process at the client end to show that the
Compression/decompression algorithm is working.
b. Chat Client: A simple dialogue window on both client and server allows the user to
type in text which is subsequently received at the recipient end. This behaves
in the same manner as a typical IRC (Internet Relay Chat) program would.
? The 'Chat Client'. Typed text at one end should be received and displayed at the recipient end.
? The Lempel-Ziv algorithm. This should be demonstrated by the server
showing the compression process and the client (having received the file)
showing the decompression process, both on-screen.
? The program should have a facility for the user to select whether it
is to be run on a network or stand-alone machine.
(first the client is on one machine, the server on the other) and then in a stand-alone environment where the client and server are on the same machine. This will work using the loop-back* IP Address.
Example file for transmiting: aabbba*bbabba*ababaa*aababa
sourse code fully commented!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
## Deadline information
sourse code must be fully commented