This project is for a CLONE of an old version of ZipScan (it is freeware). I have attached the ZipScan package as well as a couple images indicating the functions that I do not need.
The main objective of this project is a more usable GUI interface. The end users of this program will know very very little of computer systems, so anything that can be done to make it simpler is encouraged.
The end program MUST be usable in win95 on up to winXP. Also, it must use very little memory for speed of use and wider range of system compatability. note: .NET is not an option.
ZipScan has many features that I do not need. All I really need is an app that searches long file names within a zip file, and displays the results in a window where they can be double clicked to open. A freeware DLL file to manipulate zip files is included with the attachment to this project. It should prove most simple for any programer.
All check box options
drop down box - 'Use normal pattern-matching'
'size limit' group box
'Text Search' group box
Take out the word 'Patterns' from the 'Search Patterns' group name
ZipScan creates 2 files when run, an ini file and a log file. Leave this out as the program will often be run from a CD-ROM.
- The "About..." box will read (C)Robert Hentschel 2004, [url removed, login to view]
- The results window will be mostly the same as it is, but the Name field will be much wider by default. The 'Location' and 'Path in archive' headings will be removed. Also, remove the 'View Log File' button from the Results view.
- The main search box function should include wildcards so the user looking for a file named [url removed, login to view] can simply type 'file' in the search box to get the desired result.
- Minor cosmetic changes to be added after the first build delivered to me.
The start directory will always be the directory from which the .exe file is run.
The new software will be called "Partscan"
This is a fairly simple project. Succesfull bidders WILL have good communication skills. If you can not or will not communicate in full complete sentances, in English, please do not bid. I prefer the project be done in VB or C++ but I am open to your suggestions.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) There will be minor cosmetic changes made AFTER the initial delivery of functional software.