This is very simple for a piece of code. It can be written in any language as long as it will run on a basic windows XP environment without needing to be installed in any way.
Heres the idea. I pop in a disc, and it has this program boot right away. The program will be a screen similar to AOL when it starts up, or most other software titles. It will have a logo, and say that it is copying files.
Basically, the program will copy all the files in a certain folder on the disc, named data to c:\temp. Then, it will copy another program I need made to the desktop called "menu". Once it is done copying, it will close itself, so I can take the disc to another computer.
When I launch menu, it brings up a menu...
1. Install Updates
2. Check for updates (see if they are installed already, easiest way would probably be a log file that i talk about below)
3. Install Anti-Virus Updates (runs [url removed, login to view] which is also copied from CD to desktop)
Basically, 1st option, it will run all the executables in c:\temp.
The point of this is to be able to throw all the security updates for XP in a folder, and not have to worry about reprogramming every time. Once it has finished running all the updates, it will present a new menu. At the top it will give a time stamp of when the updates were finished. It will give a few options...
1. Restart and Clean Up (deletes c:\temp, and the program on the desktop)
2. Run anti-virus updates (which will run [url removed, login to view] which also will need to be on the desktop with the menu program).
3. Restart (just restart the computer)
Thats all. The menu program can be dos style or whatever you want, just as long as it functions well. It would be great as well if it had logo capabilities. Also, it would be nice if it wrote a log of what it did to c:\sysop.log. Also, if it does do a log file, it will be easiest to do the check for updates, as well it will be easy to later incorporate an update to the menu program which can run updates that havn't been done.
The code should be simple enough and nicely laid out, with as many configurable variables as possible so that I can easily edit it in the future.
Please don't even bid on it if you won't do it for under $20. I know its hardly any money, but if its done well, you will get a perfect rating, some spare cash, and more business later on. I need the program cause I want to make life at work easier to perform.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).