I am developing an online game. The actual software will run after users sign up for "battles" on a website. The development of the software itself is a ways out, however I need some expert advice to point me in the right direction. This is an opportunity to be the programmer for this software. If my expectations on this are exceeded, I will NOT forget you.
I need an experienced Java / C++ programmer to simply assess my programming needs to determine what language(s) will best produce software I'll describe upon choosing a coder, as well as provide additional advice, commentary, os suggestions, etc.
Coder should have experience in the following areas: game developement, SQL Server, applet programming, 3d environment programming.
1) An assessment of how well the software would work as a Java applet, or as a distributed executable built with C.
2) Pro's and Con's of using either language.
3) A list of alternative solutions.
4) An estimate on the development time of this software from the first day of coding to completion.
5) Recommendation on how the software will function between multiple users. ie. peer to peer, peer to server. Basically, will the software require a server app, or can all data be exchanged between a database server (MS SQL Server 2000)?
6) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Windows 2000 Pro, Windows 2000 Server?
This is also an area that could use a recommendation. The software will run on a users machine, but if it requires a server is it possible to use W2K Server, W2003 Server, Linux, Tomcat, etc?