Record system to hold information on assessment results for a 1year course. The course is made up of 7untits of study. Each unit, its type of assessment and its unit mark are as follows:
Unit Assessment and weighting
HY103 Assignment 50%, Exam 50%
HY206 Assignment1 25%,
HY109 Assignment 40%, group work 60%
HY007 Assignment1 30%,
Assignment2 30%, Assignment3 40%
BS250 Assignment1 30%, Assignment2 70%
BS008 Assignment 50%, Exam 50%
BS105 Assignment 60%, Exam 40%
A program base class and member functions to:
- Enter data into the database.
- Display a chosen units mark.
- Display all units total mark together with an average overall mark for the year.
Displaying a units total mark using HY103 as example: Assume student got 70% in assignment and 40% in exam. Unit mark = 70/2 (50% weighting) + 40/2 (50% weighting) = 55% Unit mark.
An additional derived class to:
- Save the data into a file.
- Read data from that file into the program.
- Remove any particular mark from the database and replace it with new data.
All with a basic menu system resembling the following:
View all marks & average
Each individual unit menu:
Edit a mark
Back to main menu
When marks are entered or edited I would like them to be updated into the saved data file, and when the program is run I would like the data on all the marks read into it from the file.
Finally all of this to be kept as simple as it can be, run in a dos box with no extra visuals and thoroughly commented code so I can follow it through and eventually understand.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
windows, dos box