We need a virtual printer that will produce EMF files from all printed jobs. You can take as a model Acrobat Distiller (or RedMon, that is a somewhat similar project under GPL license) but we need EMF output, not PostScript. The project needs to be developed in Delphi or Visual C++ 6.0. Delphi is preferable but I'm not sure if you can do it. Therefore a Visual C++ solution is also acceptable.
A complete virtual printer solution that will install on any Windows 95, 98 and ME. When a user prints to this virtual printer (name customizable by us) from any Windows application, the print spooler that you will create needs to call a procedure from our DLL for each printed page. For testing purposes you can create a dummy DLL with a single exported function (stdcall convention) that will receive the following parameters:
- job name and job id;
- number of pages available for the current job;
- name of EMF file where each page content is printed (don't pass the actual page content as some EMF pages can be really big. Instead save the content into an EMF file and pass the complete filename and path as a parameter);
- application name and document name, if possible, that was printed.
You need to call our callback function for each printed page or at the end of the printed job.
The application needs to read some values from Windows registry. Some of them are: path where to store EMF files; resolution to print (such as 360 DPI); paper orientation; paper size. A complete list will be provided to the selected coder.
- Virtual Printer Port;
- Virtual Printer Driver that supports up to 1440 DPI resolution and at least A4 and A3 paper sizes;
- Printer Spooler that will read registry values, save EMF files and call our DLL callback procedure;
- Installer that will install/uninstall/update all of the above. If possible we would prefer not to require a computer reboot.
The application must work smoothly, don't crash and don't present any user screens during installation/uninstallation (silent install).
I look forward to receiving your bids. **Please don't send canned responses. These won't be taken into consideration. Instead send relevant previous experience in virtual printer driver area.** This isn't a complex project, but previous experience is key to success here.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
4) Printer driver, printer port, print processor and installer as described above.
Windows 95, 98, ME