I am in need of a program that will allows PC users to communicate over the Internet.
A perfect example of what I need is **Ventrilo**, this software is located at: [url removed, login to view]
Another example is **Mumble**, which is an open-source project, I am hoping much of the projects efforts can be based upon what Mumble has done: [url removed, login to view]
It consists of two parts, *the client and the server,* this is how I would need it to be done as well.
It is critical that any programmer check both Ventrilo and Mumble program out fully, connect to test Ventrilo and Mumble servers. Set-up a mumble and Ventrilo test servers on your own computer or server to check out full admin functions and abilities. Read all included documentation with these programs to understand all the features of them.
I would need this program to resemble Ventrilo and Mumble as much as possible, this includes:
- Support for a variety of codecs, these codecs should be high quality but still rather low on bandwidth usage, the codecs need to be open-source of free to use with such developed software.
- Channels, channels within the program that can be created within the server that would allow different people to be in different channels at once and carry out conversations. Support for passworded functions.
- Full admin functions, including kicking, banning, and maintaining admins via a User List.
**Attached is a more elaborate description of what I need, as well as concept screenshot of what I'm looking for this program to look and function like.** Please be sure to download it if interested, it's in PDF format.
IF YOU ARE GOING TO BID: Show enthusiasm for the project, and show me relevant experience to doing such a project. Don't post just the generic old messages.
Post details/ideas in messages section.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Will agree to inclusion of existing GPL, GNU, 3rd party components withing program.
3) **All features of what the current (2.3.1) version of Ventrilo has.** 4) Implementation of these features into the Mumble software which already has certain features 5) **Everything mentioned in the attached ZIP file with the PDF document "Voice Communication Software Project"** 6) All features outlined in the above description **Please note that I will do all graphics/GUI work for the application.**
Windows XP (Server and Client) Windows Vista (Server and Client) Linux (Server only) Possible future support (both client and server) for Apple OS X and Linux, however not necessary now.