I would like someone who has extensive knowledge in vc++ to make me a web based installer which will be very flexible, look good, act simple and do what it is suppose to do.
1) Built using vc++ 6.0 using either ATL or MFC.
2) should be a web based active X control which will download the components, possibility in compoennts will be :
1) creating folders.
2) registering files in the registry.
3) needs to be flexible, should have an un-install.
4) needs to be flexible, should have an auto-update.
5) should support unicode characters and a language file.
6) skinible GUI using config file or xml file.
7) installer should also act as a com object so it can be used from other environments such as VB, Delphi, etc...
8) GUI should have nice progress bars, should look good
some example setups are the ones that come with windows livemeeting i.e. [url removed, login to view] and webex at [url removed, login to view] - another one which is similar but not really what we want is the one from Yahoo! when you download messenger, it will ask you if you want to download, what yahoo does is download the exe and than executes it, should support the following :
1) execute bat files silently
2) creating of folders and directory structure.
3) add / deleting / modyfying registery entries.
4) we would need like a config file to tell the installer what to do, like create folders, what to download and so on, it will also have an auto update file with version numbers so that it can compare with the server which files are availible...
5) Should be very flexible in adding new install files and so on, should also have a delete all option.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).