I'm building a webbased application in visual basic. It's a activex control for in a webpage (just like the ones you know from i.e. online virusscanners).
The visual basic package and deployment wizward generates a nice .cab file containing all the .ocx and .dll's in the project. In my main html file a have a <object> tag and a nice link to the actual .vbd (visual basic document). This works fine for most of the time (althoug sometimes the enduser gets a "save or open [url removed, login to view]" dialog because the package and deployment wizard somehow created a wrong .inf.
The main problem is that the .cab file has grown to 1,5 megabytes. It will install automatically in Internet Explorer but the user doesn't see any progress.
I need a small webbased installer program for my activex EXE userdocument.
The install program has to be webbased (activex) that shows the progress of the download of the main application. Afterwards it should open a certain website containing the .vbd.
The program has to be absolutely certain that all components are correctly available before it launches the main program, so the end user will NEVER get a "open/save [url removed, login to view] file" dialog. Therefor a supporting program (for the developer) should be available to generate a "settingsfile" for the download program. This file contains information about the download location of the .cab file and exactly wich files have to be present/registered. You chose where to get this information from. If this has to be entered manually i need a elaborate manual how to determine this the and the workings of clsid/typeid 's.
The requirements are split up into two fases.
- above discription
- half of payment if fully satisfied after testing
- if fase 1 succeeded, then the next step is to enable incremental download: the download program only downloads the files that er newer.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).