**_Project is due on Sunday October 26th at 10pm._**
Your next HW assignment (#3) is due Oct. 26th, and consists of writing a Java console application to manipulate the [url removed, login to view] file as described below:
Using a Java console application that you write, along with the DOM and the [url removed, login to view] file we created last week, carry-out the following tasks programmatically.
That is, write a program that does the following file manipulations to the [url removed, login to view] file.
1. Insert a new project and assign it a project identifer.
2. Set the number of open bugs in the summary section to 5, print the value to the console window, then set the number of open bugs to 18 and again print to the console window.
3. Insert two bugs into the project, with most of the attributes initialized to reasonable values.
4. Insert a response history, with at least three resposnes in the history itself.
5. Print the resulting file to the console or another file.
For all fields, make up reasonable values for the appropriate attributes.
Hint. Make a Java class that has methods for accessing the file for bugs manipulation, summary manipulations...
attached is a zip - an example of XML file processing in the HW#[url removed, login to view] file. Use this as an example of how to programmatically manipulate an xml file. Note that an additional package is needed to make this code work. A reference will be provided shortly to the package. Thanks,
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
needs to be run in Windows 98 or higher preferrably.