I have a company and we use sensors (like arduino) to measure mainly environmental variables, then we send the data to a sensor's data storage service like Xively. After some time we needed to bring our customers with the ability to see their sensors real-time and historical data, with graphs, and some other simple features, but it needed to be a simple process via a easy to use web, so as Xively and other service has a powerfull API then we decided to create a front-end web platform for our customers so they can see the sensors, and manage them easily.
We started working with Xively, and so our web platform works with Xively, but we needed to move to another service since price politics in Xively have changed a lot. And also our customers required some changes to the web platform, in order to make it more simple and powerful, so in summary we need to change our current sensor's web platform to work with another service instead of Xively, that means, to adapt all the API calls currently used to get data and to set data.
Also we need to change the way sensors are displayed to users and integrate a child-parent architecture, because now a customer can see all the sensors an create groups, but we need to change that so users can create places, then a place (i.e a building) can also have areas inside (i.e floors), and then the user will add sensors to areas inside places, so when viewing the sensors a user can choose a place, then areas and sensors will be displayed following that architecture, which is more simple and friendly, like the roots in a tree architecture. Those changes will also require changes to the database, and php code, our web platform it's made on cakephp.
We also want to change the graphs, we are currently using an open source graph library, but it's ugly, we need to make it more beautiful or change it for another one.
In summary the tasks are:
1. Change the sensors architecture from (user -> groups -> sensors) to (user -> places -> areas -> sensors). This mean change database and code.
2. Change the platform to work with Thingspeak instead of Xively, this imply API calls changes.
3. Some changes in the report the current system is generating (CSV) basically re-order the info, small changes to get a more useful report.
4. Change the current graph with a new and better one, or improve the current graph to be better.
5. Improve the web UI.
6. Currently the manager account can create sensors types, each sensor has an icon which is displayed. We need to also be able to create sub-types. (i.e Type: energy sensor -> sub-type: lights)
This is a general idea about the project, a PPT file with more details will be provided when starting the project. It's important to notice that the current web platform is working correctly.
We require the service to be provided as soon as possible, time is an important factor, we need to have task 1 and 2 ready in 1 week, that is a must. Task 3 4 5 and 6 in the next 1.5 weeks.
Please only bid if you have the required experience and if you can achieve the project at 100% in the required time.
15 freelancers estão ofertando em média $1887 para esse trabalho
I have working with Arduino projects the last four years. The type of work described by you is within my skills. I am very interested to assist you in your development needs.