We need to increase the number of visitors on one of our websites (specific information available at request from bidders). The job will be to post software descriptions (for a number of programs found on our website) to different other websites. The details are provided below. The coder should have rudimentary knowledge about SEO.
A roughly estimated time for this project is around 30-40 hours of work (calculated for 120 websites with PR = 4 and 5 posts per website). This is just an estimation and is not contractually binding in any way.
- the posts should be on forums (most recommended), blogs and social networks. For creating accounts on different websites, we are going to provide the coder with an email account dedicated for this project.
- the description should be posted only on pages related with the software described (for example, posts on cooking/cars/music forums are not accepted; however, posts about our graphic editing tools can be placed on pages dedicated to art/graphics/photo galleries).
- the description should be made in an attractive way to make the people start a conversation around it and it should contain an active link to our website. Whenever possible, the link should be placed on words from the description, and not given as a separate link. We are going to provide the coder with the description for each of our software tools, indicating the words on which the link should be placed. The coder has the freedom to modify the description, for example by adding an introduction and an end, so that it resembles a post. The coder is responsible for the quality of the description.
- on the same website, a number of maximum 5 posts (each for a different program) is accepted. - the websites were the post is places should have English pages; the posts should be placed only on English pages.
- posts on ‘link farming’ websites
- posts on webpages with too many outbounding links (the number of outbounding links should not exceed the PR of the page multiplied with 10).
- posts on web pages where the links are marked as “nofollow??.
To measure the work done, we have devised a point system. Each post will receive a number of points. The points are correlated with the page rank (PR) of the webpage were the post is placed. In total, 1200 points should be accumulated. The point system is the following:
PR = 0 --> 0 points
PR = 1 --> 0.2 points
PR = 2 --> 0.4 points
PR = 3 --> 0.9 points
PR = 4 --> 2 points
PR = 5 --> 4.4 points
PR = 6 --> 8 points
PR = 7 -->--> 13 points
PR = 8 --> 17 points
PR = 9 --> 24 points
A report is an excel file containing the URLs of the web pages were the post is placed. For each URL, the PR of the respective page should be given in the report, together with the calculated number of points. For each URL, the login details (user name and password) should be given. Therefore, a report should have 5 columns: the URL, the PR, the number of points, user name and password.
In the first week, a report is requested at the end of each day. The report for each one day should contain at least 170 points. If the report for one day will have more than 170 points, the difference will be counted for the next report. At any given day, the total number of points reported (from the beginning of the project) should be at least equal with “number of days passed x 170??. At the end of the first 7 days, all 1200 points should be accumulated and the final report should contain all posts since the beginning. At the end of 14 days, a new report should be given, containing the posts which were deleted and the new, compensatory posts (see below when that is the case).
The total time allotted for this project is 3 weeks and it has 3 major steps: posting (first week), verification by coder (second week), verification by us (third week). It’s ok for the coder to finish the posting phase sooner if he decides to make more than 170 points each day. However, all the other deadlines cannot change. After the first week, all the posts should be placed. The last 2 weeks are necessary to test if the posts are still on the web pages. The coder has time in the second week to test which posts remained on the web pages, and to repost them, if necessary. We suggest that this check should be done in the last 2 days of the second week. We are going to take into consideration only the posts which are still present on the forums at the end of the 3 weeks of the project. Therefore, we encourage the coder to make high quality posts, so that they will still be there after 3 weeks.
The payment will be made only for the posts meeting the requirements and which are still present on the forums at the end of the 3 weeks. If the work is incomplete (less than 1200 points), we are going to pay an amount of money proportional with the amount of points accumulated. For example, if the remaining posts totalled 90% of the points, the payment will represent 90% from the amount agreed in the contract. Percentages lower than 75% are not accepted and will result in a cancelation of the project, without payment. The reason is that, if, as many as 25% of the posts were rejected, they are a good indication that the coder did generally a poor job and the descriptions posted are not meaningful.
1) reports, as explained in the reports section; 2) the posts representing at least 75% from 1200 points, as described in the payment section and in the ‘POST details’ and ‘NOT accepted’ sections.
1) the coder should be aware that failure to meet the conditions in the ‘POST details’ and ‘NOT accepted’ sections will result in the cancelation of the whole project, immediately, without payment; 2) the coder should be aware that failure to submit any one of the reports as requested will result in the cancelation of the whole project, immediately, without payment.
1) all work produced by coder for this project is property of the buyer and cannot be used by the coder in any way outside this project. 2) all details of this project or information disclosed to the coder it is to remain strictly confidential and the coder cannot use it for its own benefit. 3) The coder’s access to the provided email account will expire at the end of this project.
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).