Third party plugin’s and widgets maybe used. The template is widget friendly. Currently using plugins
the website is [[url removed, login to view]]
**Part 1 Look and Feel Minor adjustments**
Improve the look and feel of the blog. At a minimum this must include the following:
(SEE Deliverables for Details)
Make all SEO improvements to the [url removed, login to view] site
Please Note: Using Cpanel with add on domains - this has implications for htaccess files
Set up standard htassess 301 redirects for non-www to www for both sites
Develop htaccess rewrites so url’s are search engine friendly - mostly done through plugin just check
Review existing plugin/widgets and recommend and install new/additional best of breed seo related plugin/widgets. Test and fix as needed all plugins
Prepare a [url removed, login to view] to remove duplicate content with preference given to categories assume that any post or article is only assigned to one category. In other words Google should index posts in categories and the main page, and static page articles only. Of course block out trackback, stub pages and other problem points such as Date categories, archives, author posts This can be accomplished in the [url removed, login to view] file or in php includes.
Prepare a brief introduction for new blog authors. Introduction must include to how to use the plugins provided, and best SEO practices for composing blog posts.
Part 1 Deliverables
Look and Feel specifics
Improve the Look, Feel and Navigation of the Blog to include at a minimum. 1. Write pages should be excluded from main content header menu by default with option to include them
2. Place Login/register link under search box(no longer required)
3. Expand the default RSS image, Fix feedburner plugin not pointing to .../we-relax/gOCW Works with hard coded link to feedburner site, should work from default of the plugin or replace plugin with new widget. Add individual icons RSS to site like [url removed, login to view] (fixed no longer required)
4. Fix snap plugin so preview displays(fixed no longer required)
5. Have a static text part that we can edit at the top of the content area of the main page. This could be a separate page that is used as a include. We want the index page to always have a short intro section, with the normal blog content below that.
6. Add a email this post to a friend link(Done no longer Required).
7. Fix or replace lazyest gallery slide show in sidebar with plugin/widget with similar capability, show only images in product guru directory. It currently breaks occasionally.
8. Add authors name to top of each post
9. Add more styles to [url removed, login to view] sheet for the editor plugin being used (blockquotes etc.)
10. Provide styling improvements to pages with multiple posts, want some nice visual separation between posts.
1. Successful 301 redirect of both sites non-www to www versions, creation of friendly urls and proper directing of spider traffic
2. The existing wordpress blog optimized for SEO best practices and best of breed SEO authoring tools identified and installed. including friendly urls and htaccess modifications and procedures to eliminate template generated duplicate content
[url removed, login to view] two posts to demonstrate full use of plugin widgets in a SEO best practices manner
4. An Authors introduction to SEO for Wordpress in a Word doc and PDF formats. Cover basic use of SEO feature such as permalink, tagging plugins, slugs and other options in the SEO plugins provided, an overview of best SEO practices for composing blog posts and links to articles about writing for SEO in blogs,
5. Varify that feedburner and Performancing Metrics statistic are working correctly (done). Establish ability to track page views by author. If existing Performancing Metrics statistic will not do it you may use Google analyitics or other free third party software. We will set up necessary accounts.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
wordpress, firefox 2+ and IE 6+