Can use any free or 'reasonable' scripts, shopping cart/ecommerce software, ppc management scripts or combination thereof to meet the requirements if necessary/preferrable/easier/more secure/etc however I would like to keep the same design as much as possible of the current site.
I am familiar with php coding and mysql databases, however to save me time in trying to do this myself I am opening it up for bids, however I will check all codes and databases periodically to make sure it is to scratch. I will also do the legwork of adding listings, downloading and formatting logo's and creating the product and location icons.
The project must be documented fully.
HOW I ENVISAGE THIS TO WORK.
User clicks onto our website - [url removed, login to view] - from a search engine or directly via url
They are taken to our ‘home page' where FEATURED listings are shown.
Listings are shown in priority of the position that the clients have paid for or based on the rules specified.
For example (and in the diagram attached) Position 2 is determined by querying the database for ‘what is the listing for featured page listing #2?' results are returned to the listing box for Best Buy. If Best Buy has not purchased this position then the rules for next highest ‘bidder' are queried from the database using the rules specified. This also applies to the category pages which contain listings specified to that category.
The 'rules' are:
If no one purchases open positions they will be filled from position 1 to 20 using the following procedure:
- highest purchased positions in the featured page.
- highest purchased positions in the individual category pages.
- if competing across categories positional spots will be chosen at random across the categories.
- randomly placed positions will be changed everytime browser is refreshed.
- if spots still remain biggest logos purchased will be given position spots
- if biggest logos compete across categories positional spots will be chosen at random across the categories.
- randomly placed positions will be changed eveytime browser is refreshed.
- in the highly unlikely event that spots still remain – spots will be filled at random across categories.
The php then looks across the databases and retreives the following info:
1. It finds the logo size the client has purchases and retreives the image from the file location.
2. The name of the client.
3. It checks if the client only offers gift certificates and displays an icon next to the name.
4. It finds the locations that the client has its retail outlets - either Canada wide or individual provinces and retreives the images/icons from the file location/s.
5. It retrives the listing text.
6. It looks for the product categories that the client sells and retreives the images/icons from the file location/s.
7. It retrieves the url which the user will be redirected to when the listing is clicked or (later on in development) the 'action' to pop up the shopping cart lightbox where the user can purchase the gift cards. If user is redirected this is added to the statistics and used later on where we would multiply it against a ppc rate and charge the client. Once we are selling cards from our site the information is added to a shopping cart and checkout where the user would enter their contact details (which should be captured to a database for marketing purposes) and after payment the amount of cards sold is also captured to be used in statistics, account payment and inventory management.
STEP 1. Time Frame: ASAP
- Create database/s and tables
1. 'Randomise' featured and category listing positions.
2. 'Retreive' listing information from database/s and redirect url when listing is clicked.
3. Create admin interface to add listings to the database
4. Create search functionality for category pages which retreives listings based on selections user makes.
STEP 2. Time Frame: Would be nice to have this functionality as soon as poss
1. Create client interface where client can change their logo size and positions within the featured and category pages and manage their listings and an area where they can pay for this advertising. Once client logs in ppc rates will also be given and enabled.
1. 'Enable' option now to sell gift cards directly from the site.
2. If option is enabled by the client or by admin then when listing is clicked on a lightbox pops up where the user has the opportunity to add those gift cards to their basket.
3. On checkout the user is prompted to fill in the payment/contact details - the order is processed and information and order is written to the database/s for marketing and order fulfillment purposes.
4. Client interface is updated to show information on gift cards sold and commission owed and payment gateway.
5. Inventory details are added and updated on sales and purchases on the client and admin databases/interfaces
1. Gift certificate to enable users to buy gift cards of their choice(ie on checkout - create an area where users can fill in their gift certificate number to pay/go towards their purchased cards)
This is the general task of the project at hand. I have a confidential diagram that I can share with the shortlisted bidders which explains this in more detail.