I have a contract to optimize a html site and to change the way the form data is processed. My knowledge is sufficient to do any optimization work, I need someone to complete the form data processing changes.
Currently the form data is emailed using FormMail. The form data needs to end up as a csv file in a folder on a remote machine. I believe the process for this would be:
1. Form data to submit to a MySQL database table.
2. MySQL table dump in a csv format to a folder on the server.
3. Cron job to send the csv file to the remote machine.
I am most certainly open to suggestions for alternative solutions to complete this project.
- The form has approximately 20 fields, a mix of text boxes, drop down menus and radio buttons.
- The site is currently HTML but as part of the optimization I will be changing this to php.
- The site is hosted on an Apache server [url removed, login to view] (Unix) with a Linux Operating System, PHP version 4.4.7 and MySQL version [url removed, login to view] standard.
- The hosting has cPanel and supports cron jobs.
- The remote machine is Windows XP Professional.
The developer must speak, code in and comment their code in English. The developer must be happy to communicate regularly with me (email is fine) as I need to report to the client daily.
This is the start of a large project of changes to this site, currently in discussion is a booking system and customer log in area, so there potentially could be lots more work here.
This first project is urgent and currently the deadline is to have it completed by 25th June 2007.