We are creating a website like [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] for international students. A social website and has a lot of data to be accessed with profiles of students, ability to communicate to each other, to browse business listings by category, and to arrange housing in study abroad locations. We have partnerships with study/work abroad programs to create this website for them as well as the students.
We have a limited budget to get this website up and running. The offer is a certain amount of money paid upfront on a weekly bases and more money paid upon completion of project and more money paid based off profit made. The project is estimated to take about 500 hours. We can pay a maximum of $9/hour each week. Any money left out of $5000 would be paid as a bonus upon completion of project. An additional $65/hour will be paid as profit on the website is made as a deferred payment. We are welcome to all bids that are competitive but in the end are looking for the best programmer within our budget.
Please answer a couple questions for me so help me make a final decision:
1. give me an example of how you can organize the website so sections can be updated easily and languages added.
2. do you think this project should be programmed in php, asp, asp.net, or something else and why?
3. Can you start immediately?
4. Can you commit to at least 40 hours of work per week?
5. give me an example of your communication skills and how you will communicate the progress of the website.
6. Do you have any design ability not in regards to programming?
7. give me a brief background in your programming career, interest, knowledge, and experience.
8. Describe your most complicated project.
Please respond asap as we would like to get started asap.
[url removed, login to view]