We use an application that captures data and images from 2 of our supplier sites by screen scraping. The application is written in Delphi7 and full source code and setup files are attached.
This application enables us to capture stock data into an Access database, which we use for our online store. Since moving the application to a new computer, some functionality has stopped working (we think it is because of minor changes like changing directory structure etc.).
The application works for 2 sites, but we only require work done on Supplier 2 (All Interactive).
The fields that are no longer being captured are:
1. Release date
5. AID rating
6. OFLC rating
7. Running time
8. No. of discs
Also, the website images used to be saved on to our local drive, this is no longer working.
However, the fields that are still being captured include:
supplierid, title, stockcount, format, price1, price2, and description. These are fine and no work needs to be done here.
In summary, the requirements for this project are:
1. Amend the existing application so that the 8 missing fields are being populated in the Access database.
2. Ensure that the application saves the website images on to the local drive.
3. Ensure that all existing fields still work.
4. Must work for Windows Vista.
** TO CLARIFY ** a. Database is attached. b. Application was working fine in XP, new system is running on Vista and it still works but some fields aren't being populated. This might not be related to the operating system, the directory structure was also changed.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).