Design a weather module for Drupal using Google API for all locations around the world. Retrieve and display custom weather icons from a database hosted on the website. Retrieve and display a custom line of text corresponding to the current weather data from a hosted database.
The user interface for the module must be a search bar.
Any ZIP code or US/World city name must retrieve the correct weather data results. Input must simply be the ZIP code or name of city. (Within Google, the word "Weather" is typed before a city name to retrieve the local weather data.)
The output of the search should be:
- an icon based on the weather
- the current conditions (temperature, wind, precipitation, visibility, etc.)
- a line of text corresponding to the forecast, pulled from a database on the web host (This will be original content and will be updated regularly. Database can be formatted to fit the programmer's needs. This will be explained in more detail)
- links to extended forecast (3 day, 5 day, 7 day)
- weather icons will be pulled from a database on the web host. The search output must be formatted so that they will integrate smoothly.
- The speed of the search is critical. It must be approximately as fast as a standard weather website (Weather, Accuweath., Wundergr., National Weather Service).
- The module should be embeddable into any website running drupal.
- The search bar should be centered on the page and if possible, should be movable.
- The search output should be prominent on the page (large icon with easy to read text and clearly formatted data)
- If successful, programmer will be considered for future work including mobile application and social network application.