We are a car delaership looking to build an application to manage the trade evaluation.
Proposed ACV program:
1. This application will run from designated PC work stations that are networked with others. The data files would be keep on a shared drive ??" ‘M:\logs’. The program would access this file when performing all functions. It doesn’t matter the name of this file that holds the data.
2. This would be a password protected application and once an option is chosen from the main menu a password would be required to go any further. The password would be matched with a password that is contained in a text file located in the default folder. We need two levels of passwords. One for the appraiser which can be used throughout the program ??" and one for the others who can do everything but access the appraiser screen.
3. The program when run would open as a toolbar on the top of the monitor screen. It should remain on top no matter what application is run.
4. Fields that this program would work with and store are. Initials of requestor, year, make, model, vin, color, miles, date(defaults to the current date), ACV (dollar amt), wholesale appraisal, source, Initials of appraiser, bump(dollar amt), bumped by (2 character initials) traded (Yes or no), Jeep, Chevy, preowned, comment field (150 characters), and the following check boxes that convert the field to Y or N(yes or no) ??" tires, repaint, body damage, smoker, dents & scratches, and high miles.
Function or options: The toolbar would allow the user the following options: Add vehicle for trade eval; appraise, view acv; print reports or to exit.
Add a vehicle: If this option is chosen the following information would be presented in a pop up window ??" all fields
would be cleared.:
the following check boxes: Chevy appraisal, Jeep Appraisal, Preowned Appraisa
Initials of requestor (2 character box)
Vin (17 digits)
Year (4 digits)
Make (20 characters)
Model (20 characters)
Wholesale appraisal (20 characters)
Source (20 characters)
And an enter button and a cancel button. Once the enter button is pressed ??" all fields will be validated and if complete will store this entry ??" if not would remind the user to fill in any missing data and to resubmit. The wholesale appraisal and source are the only two boxes that can have no data in them ??" and the record is still complete and can be saved.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
If the option is chosen to appraise a vehicle ??" only the appraisers password will work. Once entered and accepted a ‘VIN search’ button will be presented and the user must enter the last six numbers of the 17 digit vin number. It looks for the record already entered and displays it. If not found will present this in a box and ask for re-entry.
The following fields will be displayed on a matched record: The information entered in the Add-a-vehicle option above (not for editing ??" for viewing only ??" except the wholesale appraisal and source box ??" they can be edited). The following fields will be presented and will allow editing: ACV, Bump, tires, repaint, body damage, smoker, dent and scratches. High miles and the comment field ??" along with an enter button and cancel button.. All fields do not need to be used ??" only the ACV will need to have information in it to be saved.
View ACV is also password protected and would bring the vin search box up (for the last 6 of the 17 digit vin). When the record is matched it will show all stored info. This is not for editing ??" except the wholesale apprassial and the source. The following boxes will be added to the screen and can be edited ??" bump, bumped by, traded. Again the enter and cancel button ??" but also the search for another vin button should be there.
Print report would allow for a date range search, a vin #, traded report (with traded = to yes or to no).
All reports will be printed landscape in column format except for the single vehicle report - The single vehicle report will print all the fileds contained in that one record ??" with vehicle identification shown first.
The date range would allow a user to input a beginning and ending date ??" will also allow to choose between chevy, jeep or preowned ??" or all records as a filter for this report ??" this report would also allow printing of records that indicate if they have been traded or not ??" or both..
win 98 mostly