AssetLink is a database based directory for listing assets/services that other people can use.
To see a similar idea in action please check www.trademe.co.nz. Trademe shares similar design ideas in the way it has categories for assets and how you can see details about those assets by clicking on them. AssetLink does not require the auction facilities that trademe has.
Each category in AssetLink has metadata attached to it. Metadata are fields that describe the Asset inside it. Each, if the category is "books" then the metadata for each asset inside "books" would be "Title" and "Author". Metadata will be in various different formats, e.g.
Shorttext - Used for names no longer then 255 chars.
Longtext - Used for descriptions.
Date - Used for displaying a date.
Currency - Used for displaying currency.
The following pages will be required when AssetLink is built. This also gives you an idea of how much work will be involved in creating AssetLink.
Splash page - An introduction to the "sites"
Front page - Displays information about Assets on the site
Categories Page - Displays information about assets in category
Asset Detail - Information about the asset
Ask question about asset - Ask question about asset
Respond to question about asset - Answer that question
Add asset - Add an asset to the site
Edit asset - Edit and asset you have added
User details: Overview - Details about a user
User details: Listings - Details about a users listings
User details: Feedback - Details about a users feedback
User details: Feedback Add - Leave feedback about user
User details: Edit - Edit your details
Mail Module - send "contact us" emails and to notify users
Forums - Discussion about the site (this can be 3rd party)
- All design has already been created and HTML will be supplied.
- Ask Question about Asset and Respond to Question about Asset are used as to ask the owner of the asset a question. The answer to that question and the question is displayed attached to the asset detail page.
- The funcationality for asking questions, answering questions, leaving feedback about a user and responding to feedback should be optional and able to be turned on and off in the administration.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. The complete and fully-functional working program(s) will be built to the specification given in the scope document that will be supplied to the winning bidder.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
**I have created a scope document that has an in depth description of what is on each of the pages I have listed above.
The deliverly will be based on this scope document, the pages listed above are to give a general idea of the complexity and work required in the project.
I will deliver the scope document to the winning bidder.**
Database: Either PHP or Postgres
**UPDATE:** I have mentioned Postgres here as the metafields may require SQL sub selects. However, if you are confident you can write the querys using MySQL and the database access will also be fast then use MySQL.