Okay, let's try this again. :)
I have database, with a table with 3 fields. ID, URL, BODY.
I then have a spider, which is running and handing me url/body pairs.
From there, I have a cache of the db table. Using this cache, I can tell if a url is in my db or not. For urls that already exist I have to update them. So...
I am creating a DataTable, an creating a SqlDataAdapter. From there, using the cache, i create a DataTable of all the exising urls. From there I want to BATCH UPDATE all of them at once.
I need a sample that does this using the DataTable and SqlDataAdapter. OR I need an alternative method for BATCH updating all of the URLS. I actually really love SqlBulkCopy, but it apparently does not update.
Things you should not offer me as a solution. If you do I will kill a kitten:
1) Tell me to use an Insert Command
2) Tell me to update the urls one at a time.
3) Tell me to use a dataset. I can't use [url removed, login to view] because I don't have or want to have the data in mem. The cache is a special creation for optimization.
.net 2.0 sql server 2005
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
.net 2.0 sql server