The task is to write a function ByteSwap which exchanges the values of the two bytes that comprise an LC3word. Thus
ByteSwap(x1234)==x3412, ByteSwap(xABCD)==xCDAB, etc. Moreover, this function is to use the c calling conventions as described in the file t_ByteSwap.asm.
1)read through [url removed, login to view]
2) Download pa3.c, compile it and run it.
3) Study the code for the c function ByteSwap()
4) Convert the algorithm to LC3 assembly. The argument and the local variables are accessed by offsets from the frame pointer R5 as shown in [url removed, login to view] .
5) Notice that in the program [url removed, login to view] the activation record mechanism you need is ALREADY in place. You need only ADD your code and data at the places indicated.
6) Assemble pa3 with your code added until there are no syntax errors.
7) Run pa3 with the simulator until it gives correct results.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
Windows xp, using lc3 assembler(provided in attached files)