Currently, I have a calendar application (<[url removed, login to view]>) that needs some updates and revisions. We had the application built several years ago, but have been unable to get in touch with the original programmer to get updates as needed. I hired another programmer to make some minor modifications, however there are still some things that need to be fixed. We are requesting bids for the following fixes.
**_About the Program_**
* AuthorEvents is a multi-user calendar that stores tour schedules/calendars for several of my clients. It is a CGI/Perl Application that works with MYSQL.
* Each author is given their own userid/password that allows him or her to add events to their own calendar.
* All of events from the individual calendar feed into one main calendar, and there is a main ADMIN area, where the administrator can create new accounts, cancel accounts, and approve/disapprove events submissions from unregistered users.
**1. Allow all registered users to add events to their individual calendars.
Recently, the calendar stopped allowing all users the ability to add events (including the Administrator) we were unable to contact the original programmer, so we hired a programmer to fix the problem. We were told that there was a “time-out?? date field that had expired, which he fixed. From that point we were able to add events from the main account, however the individual users can no longer add events. I am guessing that there must be some sort of “time-out?? field in the individual calendars as well. * (My sister has this same calendar, and her calendar stop working the exact same day my calendar stopped working)
* **2. Fix SPAM problem with ADD EVENT option for unregistered users.**
The other problem we have been encountering is SPAM. There is a feature “ADD EVENTS?? that allows site visitors to submit events subject to approval. SPAM is attacking this feature and I would like a better way to prevent this or to disable the feature for unregistered users.
**3. ADD Defaults to Data Entry Fields**
In addition to the above to FIXES we would like to fix/update some bugs of the program. There is a problem with several of the fields, if they are left blank, the fields will default to a previous entry field (Start Time, End Time, URL and E-mail Address). I would like to have some default fields (like TBD or N/A) to keep this from happening.
_The Data Entry Fields are:_
1. Author First Name:
2. Author Last Name:
3. Event Name:
4. Event Date:
5. Event End Date:
6. **Event Start Time: (ADD Default TBD)**
7. **Event End Time: (ADD Default TBD)**
8. Type of Event ***(drop down menu): ***
* Book Signing
* Book Signing/Reading
* Literary Conference
* Book Festival
* Featured Author Panelist
* Book Club Meeting
9. Venue Address:
12. **URL: (ADD Default N/A)**
13. Contact Person:
15. **E-mail: (ADD Default N/A)
4. Another problem is that the program lists events that are 12-noon (12 PM) before events that are 12-midnight (12 AM), because it puts AM before PM. ** I am looking for a solution to this problem also.
Website hosted by EhostPros (<[url removed, login to view]>)
**Linux Web Hosting Plan**