We need to have built back-end functionality for our local Chamber of Commerce. Our architecture for this project is Linux based utilizing the popular open-source tools PHP, MySQL, OSCommerce, PHPlib and Smarty.
We need to develop the following sections for this project:
1) Business Directory ??" allows visitors to the site to search through the Chamber member database
a. Search is available by: Category / Keyword, Business Name, Phone, City, Zip Code
2) Welcome New Members ??" ability to automatically publish to the website members who have recently joined the chamber within a specified timeframe
4) Category List ??" allows visitors to the site to search for a specific Chamber member based on a Chamber-defined list of categories (e.g. accounting, web design, restaurants, etc)
5) Dining ??" allows visitors to search just the sub-categories related to restaurants (e.g. Restaurant ??" Fast Food, Restaurant ??" Deli & Café, etc)
6) Chamber Store ??"E-commerce solution that allows members/non-members to purchase items. The solution needs to allow for differentiated pricing between members and non-members.
7) Job Bank ??"
a. Job seekers ??" open to anyone, allows a visitor to search for available jobs based on pre-defined categories or keywords
b. Job posting ??" only open to chamber members, online form that allows members to enter data about a job and have it automatically added to the website
8) Calendar of Events ??" allows the Chamber to add/edit/remove upcoming events. Once events are created, a page is automatically created that has three sections
a. Calendar view
i. defaults to the current month, visitors have the ability to scroll forward and backward through other months
ii. if an event is scheduled for a particular day, visitor can click on that date which links to the information regarding the event
[url removed, login to view] a link to a printable version of the calendar
iv. contains a link to a larger version of the calendar that has the event summary within the actual date box
b. List of upcoming events
i. Automatically shows the next 12 events
ii. If the event is selected, the visitor than sees all information about that event
iii. This area also includes a link to a separate page that shows a summary of all upcoming events
iv. In several places, visitors are given the option to request an email reminder X days in advance of the event (X can be defined by the website visitor on the site)
c. Search functionality
i. Visitors can search based category/month/specific text
9) Email blasts
a. Ability to send out mass mailing emails to all chamber members for announcements, etc.
a. Directory Summary ??" Summary of daily searches done in the member directory
i. Top 150 Unsuccessful Searches ??" Shows list of top search terms that are unsuccessful (did not return anything)
ii. Top 150 Successful Searches ??" Shows list of most common search terms
[url removed, login to view] 150 Category Report ??" Shows the top categories that have been viewed on the site
[url removed, login to view] 150 members Displayed ??" Shows the members who are most commonly viewed via a search on the site
v. Top 150 Members “Clicked On?? Report ??" Shows
the members who have most commonly had a visitor click-through to their website
vi. Top 150 Members Emailed ??" Shows the most common members who have been emailed via their listing
vii. Members Only Login Report ??" Lists the members who have logged into the Members Only area
ix. Calendar Activity Report ??" Daily summary of events viewed, registered for, reminders scheduled, etc.
x. Most Popular Events ??" Shows events displayed most often in the calendar
xi. Individual Member Referrals ??" Check individual members to see how many referrals they are getting
11) Web-based administration tool for Chamber employees to update all functionality described above
OS: Windows (Development server) and Linux (production environment(
E-Commerce package: OSCommerce
Ideally we would like to utilize our pre-developed architecture based on PHPlib and Smarty but would be open to a traditional architecture if necessary.