_Goal of Project_
Design and implement an uplifting and enlightening community oriented website utilizing CMS for scalability, flexibility, and ease of management.
Additionally, only one sample page of each content type is required. The website administrator will fill in the website with existing content.
- User registration
-- If a user is logged in, then a 'New' icon will appear next to content articles they have not read yet.
-- If a user is not logged in, then a 'New' icon will appear next to all content articles that were written after a date specified by the website administrator.
- Double opt-in mailing list
- Reciprocal Links Directory with categories
- Send ECards
- Users can rate and comment on articles
- Users can send emails to friends that provide a link to the current article that is being read.
- Users can submit content
- Blog (Users can create their own)
- Contact Page
- Random quote script
- Must be search engine friendly (Does not need to be SEO optimized.)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
A customized version of Red Hat Linux is used, with MySQL database. Languages supported are perl, PHP4, PHP5, Python, Ruby, and TCL. SSI is supported and the existing site utilizes SSI heavily.