I require a new design for my personal website ([[url removed, login to view]]).
Like the existing site, I want the new site to be mainly a low-key low-maintenance promotional site of the work that I do. I expect to only update the site every six months with minor updates.
* I am after a stylish, but minimalistic look.
* My current site is a little too minimalistic for my liking.
* I'm a big fan of the CSS Zen Garden ... if you are able to design like that, well I'm bound to be happy :)
* As people who hire me for contracts generally check out my website, I need something that is 'cool' but still professional.
* Don't worry about the content - just create the design using the content at my existing site. I intend to re-write the content at a later date.
* Keep in mind that in future, I may want to add a section, so keep your menu design flexible to accomodate that.
About - short text about me
Gallery - photo gallery using SimpleViewer. This doesn't exist on my current site.
Projects - projects that I have worked on.
Press - articles that have been written about my work.
Experience - basically my resume.
Contact - email webform
If bidding, please include a low res sketch of your design to give me an idea of what your plan is.
1) Complete and fully-functional working website with complete source code of all work done (ie HTML and CSS files, any image files (including .psd originals if created), any documentation.
2) Code should be properly formatted and documented so that the Buyer is able to make future modifications with relative ease.
3) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition - that is, the site should work once it is installed in a standard Linux/Apache/PHP environment.
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* Must be cross-browser compatible (MSIE 6+, Firefox 1+ etc)
* Must be cross-platform compatible (Win/Mac/Linux)
* Must work at resolution 800x600 and above
* Ideally, the design would scale with higher resolutions.
* HTML/CSS/PHP/DHTML can be used for the site.
* ASP,Flash,Frontpage extensions *cannot* be used.
* CSS style sheets should be separate files and not embedded within the actual HTML/PHP file.