* I am in need of a simple photo rating site created from scratch. It will ultimately be targeted to a niche market.
The site will be based on a similar rating model as these sites
> [[url removed, login to view]]
> <[url removed, login to view]> - (if you are offended by viewing naked breasts, don’t click)
> <[url removed, login to view]>??" (if you are offended by viewing rear ends, don’t click)
Here is a partial listing of the parameters that I’ll require. There will no doubt be more specifics, but for now I’m attempting to get a ball park idea of what this project will cost me and if it is even a feasible investment.
* In order to upload a photo, a person will need to create a user account. A mechanism for this will need to be included in the design.
* ALL photos will need to be moderated (i.e. viewed by a human and given approval). Some type of web based moderation system needs to be included. It should support the ability for multiple users to login and serve as moderators to either accept or reject each submission.
* The maximum photo size should not exceed 100kb
* Instead of a 1-10 raking system, each photo will be rated by selecting an option from a pre-defined, drop-down, pick list.
* After someone rates a photo, the average rating of all respondents will be need to displayed. (Refer to [[url removed, login to view]] for an excellent example of this.
* Some type of randomizing mechanism needs to be in place to ensure an even distribution of photos.
* The site needs to enable plenty of space for advertising, including places for PPC and banner ads. Also, there needs to be some type of easy web interface that will enable us to change out banner ads.
* The admin interface should offer the ability to delete user created accounts.
Well that’s about it for now. I’m sure you will have a ton of questions. Ask away, and I’ll post my responses here.
Thanks for your consideration!
The following questions were submitted by various bidders. **My answers appear in green.** If you have further questions, let me know.
**Have you aimed at any particular environment (database, webserver, etc)
I’m guessing PHP/MySQL ??" not really sure how to answer this, as I am not a programmer. They key is that it is fast.
Do you currently have a hosting plan, and if what type?****Yes ??" Unix and it uses an H-Sphere control panel. Here is a link to the hosting company that we are a reseller with and have plenty of space on their servers:
****<[url removed, login to view]>**
**What flavor of Unix/Linux you have in mind?
****Again, not being a hard-core tech guy, I’m unsure how to answer this.**
**Would users need to create an account before uploading a photograph?
****Yes they would. Here is the information that I’d like to collect:
****--And a check box that indicates they read the TOS**
**Would photograph need to be "accepted" by a moderator before being shown to the users?
****Yes ??" absolutely! This is where the moderation system comes into play. I’m thing that this system will consist of the following structure:
**Would a user be able to upload more than a photograph with the same account?
****For the time being no, but I’d like to have the possibility making this a premium option down the road. For now, one photo per account. Also, a user should be able to log into thier account at any given time to check thier rating.**
**Would a sharing system be needed? (sending it by email to friends)
****This would be good. I like the way they have this set up at [url removed, login to view]**
**Would RSS Feeds be needed?
****If it didn’t drive up the price too much, this might be a nice feature. A person could subscribe to their own photo, or photo of someone else via RSS to monitor the activity.**
**If photos are rated by selecting option from drop down instead of 1 to 10 how can we show average rating?
****I not comfortable going into too much detail at this point, but here’s the general idea. Think of the drop-down list containing “point values??, let’s say for example ranging 1-25. The average for each photo is calculated by taking the average of ratings submitted. Let me know if you need further clarification.**
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday May 8, 2007 8:43:19 AM:
I just posted responses to several questions I received about this project. Let me know if you have additional questions.