This project involves building of 3 sections.
1. Database import tool, to import information from a text file. The Information includes: Products, Categories, Category relationships, etc.
2. Web site integration with database. Web site users should be able to browse or search the product database through the web site.
3. Administration panel. A password protected section for administrators to use the import tool and configure other web site settings.
The deliverables can be divided into three sections.
1. Import Tool - PHP script to import product information from a text file into a database database.
a. Database schema, including the SQL script for the creation of tables.
b. Online import tool. The text file should upload as a compressed zip file, or uncompressed text file. The script will then uncompress the file and import it to the database.
2. Web site integration - Ability for users to browse the products database from web site.
a. Display a home page, showing the main categories.
b. Display a product list page, with up to 9 products & thumbnail images per page. If the result matched more than 9 products, break the result into separate pages. Related categories displayed on the left side of the page.
c. Display a page with the product information in detail.
d. Search functionality to search the product by title.
e. Each product will have a product URL link to an external web site. The URL structure is to follow a specific format.
3. Administration panel, only accessible via login. The import tool and other setup functions are to be accessed through here. The Administration will consist of:
a. Password protected login. Ability to change password
b. Ability to configure the CSS theme
c. Ability to modify the id code to be used in the external product link URL.
The overall script should meet the following criteria:
i. Web site Designed using style sheets. An admin should be able to change the 'theme' of web site by only changing the style sheet. The style sheet can be selected as a 'theme' in the Administration Panel. Users can create their own themes.
ii. Clean HTML. Proper use of paragraph tags, including
# tags for page title,
## for sub-title
for text etc..
iii. Easy installation. Eg, database configuration if database not configured, prefixing of database table option, paths, etc.
Additionally, the conditions set foth by RAC:
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Apache + PHP
CSS + HTML 4
Windows and Unix