Breakdown. I want to be able to input the db file name into the gui and that's it. I want the program to:
- Create a connection string to the db
- determine how many rows (items) exist in the db
- Create a table of products that I can then use as a frame on my website. The fields are as follows:
Field1 - product name
Field2 - product description (if product name = product description, don't show product description)
Field3 - product URL (This Link will end with an XXXX, this value will need to be replaced with a number every time. I'd like the front screen gui to ask me for that number when it asks for the db name)
Field4 - product link (I'd like the link to open in a new browser window)
Field5 - image url (will provide blank image if no image url is provided in db)
Filed6 - product price I would like the table to look the same as this those you can get at [url removed, login to view] in terms of individual item layout.
The following variables in the intro gui that will be used to create visual table are as follows:
- db filename (browse button would be nice)
- Value to input for XXXX
- Table border size (with 0 making no borders)
- Border color
- table background color (default is white)
- Additional message (if left blank, nothing will be shown).
- message font color (default is black) -
# of items to show per page (ex. 81 items total, I want 9 items to show per page,
there will be 9 pages to view with an index at top of page for navigation (<<prev 1-9 next>> kind of thing).
Checkout what templatemonster does and I'd basically like that. I'm new at this so my description of what I want is probably not very clear. I could probably do it myself
with 10 coffees and an old textbook but too buzy.. Please let me know what you think. Thanks J.
Rent A Coder requirements notice: As originally posted, this bid request does not have complete details. Should a dispute arise and this project go into arbitration "as is", the contract's vagueness might cause it to be interpreted against you, even though you were acting in good-faith. So for your protection, if you are interested in this project, please work-out and document the requirements onsite.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in Complete form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
windows 2000 IIS server ASP/VBScript/Access