This should be a very easy project, and I can post some images perhaps in terms of what I am looking for an interface.
I am essentially looking for a 'flash' movie maker, but fairly straightforward/easy.
1. I will have a bunch of sound tracks
2. I will have a bunch of background images.
3. I want to have a basic 'timeline', whereby a user can enter textphrases, and apply 'standard' text effects. If you have any cool/fancy text effects, that is a bonus. But as a minimum I am looking for stuff like 'fade in from left' (i.e., an alpha blend from 0-100% while moving from the left to center), fade from right/center/top/bottom/etc. Zoom blur (in/out), and 'separate' text (i.e., 2 copies of a text line with say alpha 50% each, where one goes 'up' and the other goes 'down' to 'fade' out).
I am looking for a basic interface, whereby the user can specify the text for each line, the backgroung image, and select a soundtrack (perhaps populated from an .xml file with .mp3 files).
Then, pressing a button will 'make' the movie.
Text Line 1: Hi there! (slide from left, [url removed, login to view])
Text Line 2: How are you? (slide from right,[url removed, login to view])
Text Line 3: What's New? (zoom in,[url removed, login to view])
Soundtrack: Soundtrack [url removed, login to view]
4. Now, it would be possible to 'save' an .xml file (or to a database), the variables chosen, such that I could now 'feed' the variables (say in a [url removed, login to view] file), and the movie just specified would be played.
5. What would be a nice bonus is if you were able to convert/"save" the video to either .avi or .flv format.
And that is pretty much it! I've attached an image so you can get an 'idea' of what I am looking for, but if you have a better idea of something you think would look 'cooler', definitely let me know. (Also, I'd like to be able to have a 'skinnable' interface, i.e., simply click a button and it changes the background, similar to how you can change the look on mp3 players, etc)
Please see below for an attachment of an 'example' of what I am looking for. I can also include a sample 'video' if you wish, of an example of what I want the final 'output' to look like as well.