(1) Coder will develop a PHP web application that will present a
photograph and allow users to contribute funny captions. This
project will be called the Funny Caption System (FCS).
(2) FCS basically accomplishes a purpose similar to that
of Dysfunctional Family Circus (an example at
[url removed, login to view] ) where users
are shown a graphic and are invited to contribute funny
captions, and they are displayed for everyone to see.
(3) USER ACCOUNT. Users must log in to post any caption
to FCS. FCS will have a page for registering and for
automatically E-mailing a lost password.
(4) NEW ACCOUNT SETUP. No more than one user per E-mail
address will be permitted. For a new signup, system will
ask user for E-mail address (required), username (required),
password (required), full name (optional), public
E-mail address (optional), homepage (optional),
paragraph about self (optional). System will also
log the originating IP of the signup. A confirmation
E-mail will be sent to the user, which MUST be confirmed
in some way (unique link or unique access code) before
the signup becomes active. A user may not have an active
account unless the signup is confirmed in this manner.
(5) VOTING SYSTEM. FCS will allow a registered user to
vote on any given caption to choose how funny it is on
a scale of 1 to 5. This will be presented as hyperlinks
"1 2 3 4 5" that follow each caption. This will be done
by setting variables on each caption that increment with
each vote. This consists of the NUMBER OF VOTERS (N)
and VOTE TOTAL (T). For example if the first voter votes
a "4", N=1 and T=4, yielding a RANK (R) of T/N=4. If the
second voter votes a "3", then N=2 and T=7 for a rank of
T/N=3.5. If N=0 (no votes) the rank will always be 3.00.
A user will not be permitted to vote more than once on
a given caption or to change their vote (thus, FCS must
keep track of the objects a user has voted on).
*** IMPORTANT: More specs in the attached ZIP file! ***
(1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in
executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
(2) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased.
(No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright
ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer
on the site).
(3) Coder will strive for simplicity and efficiency,
and will comment all code.
(4) Coder will post a demo as work progresses to allow
buyer to assess the work. When it is acceptable buyer
will pay 75% of the project. Remainder will be
paid and project complete when source code is delivered
and it is found to operate on the buyer's system without
installation errors or new bugs.
(5) Code may not produce errors during routine
execution. Coder will quality-check their work before
(6) Coder will deliver all information necessary for
an admin to configure FCS on the host system, including
permission settings, MySQL configuration data, etc.
(1) Code will run under PHP 4.3.2 on a Unix box. Data
will be stored in a MySQL table.