mostly code review, bug fixing (access violation type of errors) and completion.
The project and a DLL to be used to protect software from being used without proper registration.
If the software was never used before on that PC, it will automatically give the user 30 days of trail, after which, the user will be redirected to our web site.
If the software is expired, it should not work, and redirected to the web site.
A PHP program on the server (which is not part of this project) should have an API to call in order to generate an activation key. Each activation key is uniqe and based on the PC unique ID (taken from the hard drive).
The program crashes. There are 3 Visual C++ version 6.0 projects:
1. The DLL
2. A dialog based software to be used to register, generate activation keys, get registration data from a key and vice versa.
3. A program that simulates what our client need to put in his source code in order to protect it. Generally, our client needs to call a function named CanRun() and terminate his program if it returns FALSE.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Visual C++ version 6.0