At this url is a number of edge detection algorithms written in C#: <[url removed, login to view]>
Attached to this bid are 3 sample images:
[url removed, login to view] - The original image
[url removed, login to view] - The image after having the sobel edge detection algorithm run over it with a homogenity of 50.
Note, within the processed jpeg there are many edges of differing thickness and length.
I would like the current program modified to contain a new menu item called: "Edge Filtering".
Under the Edge Filtering menu there should be two sub menus. The first is "Width Filter" the second is "Length Filter". When accessed either submenu will pop up a input box labeled "parameter".
Based on this parameter, the filters should remove edges that do not meet the criteria of the parameter in pixels. For example, if a user enters "3" as a width parameter the program should remove all edges who's width in pixels is less then "3". For Length, the length of the edge in pixels should be calculated, and if the length of the edge is less then the parameter supplied, the edge should be removed. Two notes:
1) If you determine the width of an edge and it varies over the length, select it's widest point as the width.
2) If you are detecting the begining and end of a given edge to determine it's length, please create a method for this called "FindEdgeEnds" and make not of it in your deliverable.
After either of the two filters are applied, the program should recolor all edges left "white" in color and that all other non-edge areas are non-white (gray or black).
Attached is image: [url removed, login to view] outlining some edges we want to filter.
This is a 5 part program. Once this is completed, we will be posting the additional portions. A good programmer will be considered for all of the pieces if this works out well.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
C# .net 2.0