We are looking for an expert iPhone developer to build an application for the new iPhone2 with GPS capabilities.
- expert with the iPhone SDK
- ability to read / send XML and display it on the screen
- ability to read the GPS information from the iPhone
- attention to detail, must make the final app look very nice
We are looking to build a prototype of the application at this point. What it means is that we do not want to spend a lot of money (yet) developing it.
- has to be built very quickly (ie. we are looking for an expert, not someone who is learning along the way)
- has to be fully functional
- if some aspects of the spec are "hard" to do, we can discuss and work around them.
Attached the spec with the different screens that will be required. Basically, upon clicking the icon of the application, the iPhone will read the current GPS coordinates, and then the user will be presented with a form to:
- either find properties nearby (with no specific criteria)
- or find properties nearby with some specific criteria (price, property type, etc). This will send an HTTP request to our server and our server will return a list of matching properties in XML format.
- The properties found will be listed in a list on the iPhone. The user can also view them on a Google Map.
- Finally, the user will be able to "bookmark" properties. The bookmarks will be stored on our server (or on the iPhone if it's easier)
By clicking the "Bookmark" link, the user will be able to see his bookmarks in a similar list.
Finally, the user will be able to initiate a phone call on his iPhone to the contact person for a property by clicking on the phone icon.
Time is of the essence, so special consideration will be given to people who can complete this project quickly.