I have a Joomla [url removed, login to view] site running on a Linux/cPanel server. It is a site that displays movie showtimes for 8 theaters.
The movie showtimes are updated twice every day via a PHP script. The script puts the movie names and showtimes into an SQL database.
I need to find a solution that will create Joomla Content Pages in a given Content Category. One page will be created for each movie that is found in the SQL database.
Here is an example of what the solution I need will do:
- The PHP script runs (via cron job) and populates the SQL database with movie names and showtimes.
- Your solution will examine the database once each day to determine if any new movies have been added that do not currently have their own Joomla Content page on the site. If it finds a movie in the database that does not have its own content page, it will create a page and fill it with content. The content will partially be from the SQL database, and partially from an RSS feed.
- Your solution will also examine the database once each day to look for movies that are no longer in database but still have content pages. For instance, a movie that was playing in theaters but has now stopped. The solution will then remove the Joomla content page for that movie.
If you can complete this task quickly and efficiently, you will definitely be my right hand man on this and future Joomla projects! We are planning up to 45 more sites based on the model of the current one.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Joomla [url removed, login to view], maybe PHP/SQL?